Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 2: Arriving/Bringing in the Sheaves!



During this season of life --- sowing or reaping; both are essential seasons in our life. As long as we are living on this earth, we will continue to walk through these seasons.


"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping; carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, ringing his sheaves with him." Palms 126: 5-6



Sowing seeds brings on the harvest, even if we sow while we weep. We can cry, weep, and grieve but the harvest will not come unless we cast our seed. As difficult as it sounds, we CAN do it (through Christ).


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal 6:9



I wonder if tears make good mulch...it seems I have often found myself sowing with tears...yet the harvest if plentiful. Have you listened to Kelly Minter's song, "My Portion, You Will Ever Be"?





What did today's lesson say to you? I'd love to hear it!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the questions in todays lesson is "how can you sow in your weeping?" I thought about that and it came to me that weeping for me is a very emotional thing. I don't cry much but when I do, the flood gates open. I have to be really emotional to cry. I think it is an emotional experience to sow and the weeping would only add to the amount of and depth of caring that would cause me to weep. It would be like it came from the very depths of my soul. I don't know if anyone can understand what I am trying to say but sowing seeds for Christ is such an emotional feeling. Joy

Lutiemom said...

Joy, that was beautifully stated. Having recently heard the message to be "image bearers of God", I can't help but think of all the sowing Jesus did while on the earth. Ultimately, He sowed in "such a depth of caring"...

Your comments give me lots to think about today. Thanks!

Joyce said...

The question, "Are you in a season of sowing, reaping, or both? I answered both. I am mentoring a young lady, I am sowing what the Lord gives me. It seems I am always reaping. God provides wonderfully for me, and I reap his blessings. Many times, only what I need, but that's okay.