Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week 2! Day 1...Home Sweet Home!



Having been gone to two conferences in a row, I am so glad to be home! When I arrived, no one else was home. It was quiet in the house. Not long after being here, I saw signs that Kami was here while I was away. In my office (which is also her room), her baby dolls were still out, necklaces graced the floor, and books were precariously laying on the floor. The boys, too, left signs of "carefree-living-while-mom-is-out".Even the dog left chewed up ink pens on the floor for Mom to find. Yet, ...Oh, how I love my family!

Naomi's loss was huge. Having lost a daughter, I can only imagine the pain tripled with the loss of two children and her husband. Obviously, she was well thought of AND well known to cause such a stir when returning home. I understand her bitterness, I too was bitter. Yet, like the prodigal son, God must have rejoiced when she came home.

Yet, Ruth was a sign and a reminder of walking away from God's will. Only our Awesome God could take a situation like this and turn it into something beautiful. Did you listen to Kelly Minter's son, "Wherever You Go" ? I loved it!

What touched you from today's lesson?


2 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow, another great lesson. The honesty in the way Naomi spoke of herself. We so many times think we have to show the world we are okay. Especially if we go back home where no one knows are current state.

I know I have been guilty of making myself busy with numbing stuff to do so that I didn't have to search my own heart. I may have to admit to myself the true state of my heart.

I am thankful to have wonderful christian friends and family to whom to share with.

Lutiemom said...

Couldn't have said it better!