Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 1; Fleeing Home...The Journey Begins

Wow, isn't this great! After our first day, I am more anxious to dig in than ever before. Did you write your letter to God in the front of your book? It felt a little odd for me at first, after all...it's kind-of personal...and what will I write (or say) to God. As the pencil hit the paper, the words began to flow. I really want to know Him more, I want to know what I'm missing in this life...I want more. As Kelly Minter so eloquently put it, we need to "give proper significance to our spiritual cores". My heart is engaged; how about you?

Our first day of homework lead to some amazing truths embedded in His Word. Beginning with Ruth 1:1-2 we learn so much about the foundation of these amazing women, Ruth and Naomi. Following Wendy Pope's format for reading through the Bible, I thought it might be fun to list 1)something old you were reminded of 2) Something new you learned 3)Something you will do because of what you've learned (the application in your life)

I'd love to read your responses, then I'll post mine. (hehehe) I hope you participate in this fun activity. I'll post my answers in the comment section later today. It's not that I want to borrow from your answers, I just don't want to put our answers in a pre-made format. I'd like to see what you come up with.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Day one started off with a bang. We are going to learn so much. Not only about the Bible but about ourselves.

1) Don't really think I was reminded of anything. Hard to be reminded when you don't know much, lol.

2) I had no idea about the history of the Moabites. Amazing when you have the background information how much more you can get from scripture.

3) To begin with I will pursue this study whole heartedly. I really want to know his word, have it written on my heart and mind so that I can recall it readily.

Joyce said...

Sorry, didn't mean to remain anonymous. The previous post was from me.

Lutiemom said...

Hi Ladies,

1) Something old: I knew that Ruth was Naomi's daughter-in-law and a Moabite.

2)Something new: Oh, wow! I've read the story of Lot several times...I don't know why I didn't put the two together. So that's where Moabite's come from!

3) Application: Don't look for easier terrain as I grow weary going through trials. I need to realize my Redeemer will carry me through or He will provide a means of escape. I usually look for an easy way out.

I also loved Galations 6:9 and would like to memorize it..."and let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary."

Wow, isn't this something!

There is just so much here!

Thanks for your comments Joyce!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Something old: I was reminded of the times of Judges when God punished his people for their disobedience. I often think that is where we are as a nation.

Something new: To see that Ruth's inlaws came to Moab for food but it also meant that they were leaving the "promised" land.

Application: I really pondered on the Gal 6:9 and the Hebrews passage. To stand firm. Not to look for greener pasture just because the "going gets tough".
It is always good to be reminded to "Stand Firm"