Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wahooo! Let's Get This Study Goin'!!!!!

Summer Bible Study - Week 1 from LPV on Vimeo.

Wow, I am really excited about this study and the impact it can have on our lives. WELCOME! Let's get started!

1. Please tell us who you are and a little bit about yourself. For example, name, married, children, profession.

2. Describe this season of your life in ONE word. (For those of you that tend to be "wordy", this could be a challenge. :)

3.Share one goal that you have with this study.

4. Look at the very last verse of the Book of Judges (Judges 21:25) because of its placement just prior to the book we’ll study together this summer. Discuss several specific reasons why doing what each of us sees fit at any given time could be dangerous. After several minutes of discussion, read Jeremiah 17:7-14 and talk about how this segment relates or contrasts to Judges 21:25.

5. Before you begin the homework or reading the study, write a letter to God behind the front cover of the book. In this letter, explain what your expectations are while participating in the study.

I look forward to your comments. Come on girls, it's time to venture out and get started!

Love ya!

Nancy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
I am super excited about our study. You are certainly a gifted teacher and I really am looking forward to meeting with our small group!!
Yes........let's get goin'
Joanne

Anonymous said...

My Name: Joanne Knapp
Married to Deano.....the love of my life!!
2 children, one son who lives in Heaven, beholding the eyes of his Savior and one daughter who lives in Bend Oregon.
Season of life......HAPPY
My goal is to learn and try to relate to Ruth's life and the journey she was on in her lifetime.

Lutiemom said...

Hi Ladies,

I am really excted to dig in deeper to the study of Ruth. If anyone has problems posting, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

To answer the questions Beth gave us:

1. I'm Nancy, a wife, mother of 5 children (one who safe in the arms of Jesus), and an educator. I love getting closer to God through the study of His word, praise music, and prayer.

2. The one word that describes my current season "Transition". Although, I think I've been here a lot!

3. One of my goals through this study is to see God even better than I already do.

4. "Doing what each of us sees fit at any given time" could be very dangerous; I am not all knowing. Only God knows the "rest-of-the-story". He knows the heart and intentions of all involved. He gives wisdom and understanding. I trust Him...not me (or that's what I want to do).

I hope to meet other Christian women through this study of Ruth. I hope you are out there ladies...let's grow together!

Joyce said...

I am Joyce, Nancy's sister. I live in Camdenton, MO. I am a mother of 2, Zach is married with one son, and Erika is to be married in just a few short weeks. I am a wife and I work in Jefferson City at the State Capitol for a state representative.

Nancy stole my word, "transistion" is the season I am in right now.

My goal of this study is to draw closer to God.

I look forward to studying with others not only locally but with you who are only on this blog to me. I look forward to how God will speak to each of us, and the growth we will undergo as we study.

Laine said...

1. I am Laine Loftis, I have been married for almost 3 years now. I have a salon, praise be to God and LOVE what I do.

2. Searching

3. My goal in the is very simple. To learn.

4. Speaking from experience, doing what WE see fit at any given time is more than dangerous, it could effect where you spend eternity. It tells in Jeremiah what the end result was, and it wasn't pretty. God "withdrew". To me, that is the ultimate fear.

Mom, wife, and daughter of the King said...

Our Camdenton Group had 5 ladies attend Tues. evening. We ranged in age from around 24-40 something.
All in different stages of life. Words given were boring, changing, tansitioning. We all want growth to come from our study. We had good discussion on the scriptures given. What a contrast. We like it that God is our King always, and we need to srive to live as he wants us to, not as we see fit.

We have decided to try some recipes, next meeting, enchilada's ummmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just to let you know a little about myself. My name is Patty Dingman. I am married to Bob with 3 children. Robby is 23, Katie is 18 and Danny is 11.
I work for the Postal Service. My official title is "letter carrier" but the kids call me the "mail lady".

Season of life: THIRSTY

My goal for this study is: for my spirit to be filled with GOD and to hear the message he has for me.

Comment on the Judges 21:25. "Everyone did that which was right in his own eyes" I believe this verse actully describes the society that we currently live in. Living life with no standards or absolutes. Just by whatever seems right to us. This is a very dangerous way to approach life and life for our children. Just read the headlines......

I am looking forward to studying this book with you all. I love to study God's word with other believers!

Lutiemom said...

Just a few days behind, a few women met together in Theodosia. Our group ranges from the age of 19 to "retired". I love the different perspectives each bring to the table!

Go girls! I hope to see you on the blog pages!