Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 2; The Return Home


Again, ...Wow! What a wonderful lesson. The journey home; maybe you are on that journey as we speak. Funny how hard the first few steps can be as you stumble over rocks of pride, concerns about what others may think, and stubborness. Yet once the journey begins, you find yourself picking up the pace and then at last you're running! As home is within sight, you find your entire being longs to be safe in the arms of your Savior. You might even wonder why you didn't come home sooner!


Before listening to the video below, scroll down to the bottom of our blog page and pause the music player. I hope you enjoy the video...it's a beautiful reminder of how our Savior never let's go of us.






Let's keep with the format used yesterday. I'd love to hear about 1) Something old your were reminded about 2) Something new you learned, and 3) How you can apply something you learned to your life today.

Love you!

3 comments:

Lutiemom said...

1. Something old: well...I remember Ruth and Naomi most from this story. I thought I knew this story pretty well; apparently there's lots more for me to learn! :)

2. Something new: Rather than fill up the whole blog page, I'll try to keep it to one thing. Wasn't it kewl to see the comparisons from the New Testament Prodigal Son to the Story of Naomi's family!!!!

3. Application: It's so much easier to look for the greener grass...but I'd miss out on such a big blessing. I don't want to miss God...

Anonymous said...

Something old: I remember that Naomi's sons had married women from the country of Moab. Something that the Lord has commanded not to do.

Something new: I had a thought start to form about Naomi's charactor that was concluded in Day 3 (so I will share it there. lol)
However, I also thought it was cool to see the comparison of Naomi returning home to that of the Prodigal son.

Application: When I have walked away from MY FAther, HE is always patiently waiting for my return. I love the prodigal son story and the Love of the Father that is shown there.

Unknown said...

Finally have access to a computer. Mine is down and I'm not liking it. Please pray for my computer problems to be resolved soon.

1. Something old: I remember Ruth and Naomi. I too thought I knew the story pretty well, that is until I began this study.

2. Something New: Preparations, I had never thought about preparing to return to the Lord. His arms are open wide, and I am so thankful. I enjoyed reading Psalms 16.

3. I don't think of my life right now as returning to God, but I do see it as SEEKING Him in a NEW way.