Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 4 Day 2: It's Time For A New Dress





Pretty Woman - Julia Roberts


Yes It's a Love Story - For: ☺Kim☺



Wow, wasn't today's lesson an eye-opener!!!!! Just in case you missed it....Naomi told Ruth to "put on your best clothes". ...that's the English translation. Yet, the Hebrew word used is "simla". It typically refers to an outer garment that covers the entire body except for the head. Again, hmmmmmm. Ruth was, more than likely, still wearing garments of mourning. Yet, it's time, girlfriend, to dress for a new day!

While writing this post, I am excited. It IS time for a new day! I am moving into a new direction in life...a new chapter is being written. The direction for this chapter is in the hands of my Creator and I am excited to see the direction. Quit looking at your past to direct the future! It's a new day!!!!

Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.


Are you ready for "a new thing?" I know that I certainly am ready! Don't cling to your old clothes in your new life...put away those things and MOVE AHEAD!


Is this where you are today? Tell us about it!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Did you see my email? lol.

I was just talking with someone today how we can't hold on to the hard times. We must learn from them, gain strength from them and move on. Then wow, here it was in scripture. Some people are more drawn to dependence than others, but haven't you noticed when some people go through a hard time, they try to live there forever. Still needed the same help they needed for a time. I wander what holds some people back. God has so much more in store for us, I don't want to miss out on what he has for my future.

I also thought about our first meeting when we used one word to describe our lives now. Several of us used "transition". At least we are moving on.

Lutiemom said...

Haha...Joyce, you said it! I love the spin (direction) you saw in this lesson.

In my own life, I am excited to move on...the transition leaves me feeling pumped and ready to go. Afterall, it's like a new beginning. Yet, there are times I run into old friends or issues arise that can take me right back there. Once God has set me free...why would I put myself back into that mess?!!!