Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 2 Day 4; Work


Wow, what a work ethic. Ruth...the new girl on the block, set quite a precedence for those around her. I can just hear it now, "Those Moabite women really put in a good day's work" or "Those Moabite girls sure wake up and get after-it early." Most often, we still put people into category's or clans. For example, we might lump them together with the family name (The Wray's) or their nationality/region (those people from Arkansas), gender and age (older women), and even faith (Christians, Jew, etc). Sometimes, our ethics don't just reflect who we are but they can also reflect our affiliations. What does your work ethic reflect?




Whatever your hand find to do, verily , do it with all your might.... Ecclesiastes 9:10

What do your work ethics says about you, about your integrity, your God? Do you put your all into what you do, does the way you dress, talk (do you gossip and complain or do you bring joyful energy into the conversation?). Whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord!

If Christ lives in us, what image are we bearing about Christ and the body of Christ? Has my image protrayed a woman with integrity or a slothful image? Do I make the body of Christ look like a body of busy bodies, gossipers, lazy, always looking for the easy way out or do I bring in a beautiful aroma of the Savior?

I sure learned a lot in these few verses. Something the author didn't mention was the attitude of Boaz. The first greeting was to the workers, not the just the foreman. His greeting was a prayer for God's blessings. Wow, wouldn't that be a greeting to receive when meeting the boss!

What did today's lesson say to you? I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nancy you are posting awfully early in the day.

I also loved the way Boaz greeted the workers.

I have such a wonderful boss, always appreciating the work I do. I was made to examine this today as I worked through this time of study, Do I work hard or just hard enough to get by? I mean am I fully applying myself?

Joyce said...

oops missed leaving my name on previous post.

Joyce

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about Ruth's work ethic. Sometimes I get really tired at work and just want to slow down. I try and remind myself that "I am working as unto the Lord"
Ruth is an incrediable example of that.
We had a sermon last Sunday from Eph 6 about our work ethic. I guess I needed a double dose of that message this week. lol