Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 3: Gleaming

(To play the music video, remember to pause the player at the bottom of the page first.)



Have you ever found yourself down...in a situation that seems bleak, and you decide to pull yourself up by your boot straps and say, "I'll do it! I'll do it all by myself. I don't need anyone." When the ultimate truth we all come to is we really do need someone; we need a Saviour!

The story of Ruth is so inspiring in the midst of tragedy and loss. We've all been there, and if you haven't, don't worry, you will be. (True to the words of Kenna Kenworthy!) God is the Ultimate Provider. After all, all we have is really His. Yet, I wonder if we really are the image bearers of God, called to bear the image of God, do we hoard or remain stingy with what He has given us? Do we leave or offer sheaves to the needy, those who are put in our path, not by mere coincidence, or do we remain in our own lust for stuff?

There was a lot to consider from today's lesson. What did the Small still voice say to you?

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I thought about how God divinely puts people into our lives, at just the right time. Once I began a new job and met someone who was going through a devastating divorce. She was being persuaded to sell her home, and she was so distraught, she wasn't able to make decisions at that time. I was able to offer her some space in my basement. My husband and I both felt God was leading us to give her the space. She stayed with us for several months. She has told me time and time again how much we mean to her and how much that time meant to her. I hope I will always hear God's voice. It always humbles me to think he can and does use me.