Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 4 Day 3; Offering a Covenant Relationship




If laying out your love and feelings to someone seems vulnerable to you...how vulnerable can it be to lay it all out to our God?

Ruth 3:7-8
When Boaz had finished eating and drinking and was in good spirits, he went over to lie down at the far end of the grain pile. Ruth approached quietly, uncovered his feet and lay down. In the middle of the night something startled the man, and he turned and discovered a woman lying at his feet.

Ruth consistenly shows us her determination. She left all she knew to be with Naomi, she again...took a great risk to lay out her feelings to Boaz. All her apprehensive fears and anxieties from loss of a husband, homeland, etc. were laid down at his feet. A place of surrender....

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Matthew 11:28-30 28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

What keeps you from total surrender?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this lesson.
Ruth had so much courage. I am reminded of the phrase. If you are afraid of what lies ahead, just DO IT afraid.

I also liked how Kelly Minter added the addtional verses from Pro 3:5-6. I made that my "life verse" this year.
Then to read Matt 11:28-30 just makes you want to rest at the feet of Jesus. I want my yoke to be easy and my burden light.

After I finished my lesson for the night, I felt so refreshed and clean. Like God has washed me with HIS word.

Can't wait to move onto the next one......

Lutiemom said...

Patty, your comments were absolutely endearing. I am certain you actually were "washed with His Word".

I didn't see your comments until posting today's lesson. It's funny how you began talking about being afraid of what lies ahead. I really didn't notice fear in Ruth until this morning when reading Ruth 3:11, for the ump-teenth time. She was a woman of such noble character and strength, yet she was still just like each of us...fraigle at moments, and sometimes even fearful. It is awesome to see the inner beauty she possess, all because she allowed herself to be molded by The Creator.

It wasn't until about two years ago, I began memorizing a "verse for the year". One of my favorite blog sites, Marybeth Whalen's, encouraged us to do this rather than make a New Year's Resolution that we would break. Ultimately, our own ideas don't go nearly as deep or life changing as The Word of God.

Patty, thanks for commenting. You really touched me.

Joyce said...

I must say that busy-ness keeps me from total surrender. Then when I have a little time, It seems like fatigue takes over.