Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week 3 Day 3; Accepted, Invited, and Redeemed!






Ruth 2:14 At mealtime Boaz said to her, "Come over here. Have some bread and dip it in the wine vinegar."
When she sat down with the harvesters, he offered her some roasted grain. She ate all she wanted and had some left over.(NIV)


What an exciting time; and I almost missed it. Do you see it? Ruth has been invited to sit at Boaz's table...not with the gleaners but with the reapers!

When visiting Grandma's house, as a child, it was difficult to find a table big enough to fit all the children and grandchildren. To fix the problem, we had the adult table and the kids table. It was always a big privilege, as one got older, to be invited to sit at the adult table. I guess the issue of where one eats and with whom is really a bigger deal than I've previously thought about. It's the same with eating at school, or out with a large group of friends like during the company picnic.

Yet, I never related like we have today with Revelation 19:6-10.


6Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah!For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 7Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come,and his bride has made herself ready.
8Fine linen, bright and clean,was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) 9Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God." 10At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy
." (the bold print is mine.)




The linen, beautiful, fine linen ...worn by the bride (that's us...the church)was not earned due to self-righteous living, it was given because Christ is our righteousness! and we have been invited to sit at the table...I'm just waiting for Him to call!!!

Meanwhile, who have I invited to dinner lately? I think there's a lot more to sharing a meal together than I really thought about before. I love having dinner with a group of friends!



Today's lesson was huge, wasn't it!? I'm sure you most likely gleamed something great to share with us. What did God reveal to you?

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Would I invite a foreigner, someone I didn't know, that didn't look like us, act like us, dress like us, maybe not clean, or too poor for a decent set of clothes to dine at my table? If so, would they get the best I have to offer, the good dishes, a meal that took time to prepare, etc? Sure makes you think doesn't it.

Lutiemom said...

It sure made me wonder WHEN was the last time I invited anyone to my table.