Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 4 Day 5 In Season and Out of Season

This has really been an awesome week of study, hasn't it? I find proof in the scriptures that His written word is alive, acting, and piercing. What other book could leave you feeling cleansed and washed (in this dreadful heat), refreshed in His Word. (Read Patty's comments from earlier this week.)

Yet, knowing this; are you actually willing to spend time at His feet? You may be saying "yes" but when it comes to actually doing it, your actions say "no". Each day, as we rise to work, raise a family, or take care of family and/or community members, where does our supply of love, patience, wisdom, and revelation come from? There is an endless supply when we fuel up at His feet! This means meditating on the written Word, spending time in focused prayer, as well as listening and waiting on Him ... learning His voice.

For the past year and a half, I have got up earlier than the rest of my family, to spend time in scripture and pray. I have to admit, prayer time is harder...and I wish I knew why. Sometimes it helps to write out prayer in a journal.

What does your time with The Redeemer look like? I would love to read about it; I'm sure others would learn from you as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This is the 2nd time today that God has shown me HE wants me to spend more time in his word.

My Precept friend, Keda also wrote, No one can keep close to Jesus who does not daily, seriously, and prayerfully read His Word. That Word, received into the heart by faith, digested by meditation, and reduced to practice in the life, will bring the soul and Christ together!
OUCH!! Talk about conviction....
This study has put me more into HIS word than I have been in awhile. I don't want it to end here with the end of the study.

Great message!

Lutiemom said...

mmmmm, bringing my soul and Christ together...sounds and tastes good, doesn't it!

I love it and hunger for more! It's is my honest prayer that we will all taste and hunger for more of the awesomeness found in a relationship with Him through prayer and His word.

Thanks, Patty, for your committment and your insightful comments. I know there are others out there in this study with us, yet they are a little shy about speaking up.