Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Transformed; Something For You Day 1 Wk 3

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. 2 Tim 3: 16-17

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Heb 4:12

Let us there fore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4: 16

Really, I am in awe of the transformation that is taking place within our small group. Each week, we grow not only in number but in knowledge of what God has for us. We are chosen and anointed by God. He gives us his word for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness. To hear His voice, through His word, through prayer, through Bible Study, through praise and worship...this is my prayer for each of you this week.

Our study begins this week with self-examination of who we are becoming in Christ. To be honest, I am not comfortable letting Him do something for me...I want to do something for Him first...all the time, really. Although, I am really good at telling Him what I want Him to do for me.

Another uncomfortable zone is to be still enough to hear Him. This requires me to come out of MY comfort zone and enter into His comfort.

Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent. 2 Sam 7:2

What did today's lesson leave you thinking about? I'd love to hear what God put on your mind!

3 comments:

Lion Chaser said...

"Not every good idea is a God-idea."
#3. What was your last good idea that turned out to not to be a God-idea?
As we prepare to plant and launch a new church, sometimes I get to thinking this is the way we ought to do things. Like for instance preparing our team for the second preview service, I had wanted to meet so many times to have everything down and ready. Then we had really bad weather and did not get to meet. We had our service, I did not feel that it went as well as it could have, but in the next days God called two people from their life of sin and they committed their lives to following Him.

What has God taught you through the circumstance?
He has got this, He doesn't need me...but I need Him! I just need to stay out of His way and let Him work.

Unknown said...

I like that "He has got this"

Unknown said...

I'd like to think that like David, God wants to build me a house too! lol!