Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Established by God Day 4

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: ( 1 Cor 15:10)


Do you believe God established you to handle the purposes He gave you?


What is one thing in your life right now that you feel least equipped to handle?


I know that God established me to handle me to handle a few things. The least (or maybe the greatest) of these is to be a mother and a grandmother. I am not a perfect parent; yet when I allow God to equip me, the task is much different than when I try to do it on my own.


David realized that it was God at work in him. We are so blessed to have God at work in us. Yet, do we realize how blessed we are?


"Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant" 2 Cor 3: 5-6


1. David was chosen and established by God.

2. As a chosen vessel, the mantra of David's life was the ark of the covenant (the presence of God). Likewise, the mantra of my life must be God's presence. I do this by living each day with a God-consciouseness.

3. David recognized God as the source and sustainer of His life and therefore the weight of the kingdom did not rest on His shoulders. Likewise, God is the source and sustainer of my life.





No comments: