Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, January 25, 2010

Benefits of the Anointing Day 4


Wow! Simply, Wow! Today's lesson was really great. We find David seeking God's counsel before he acted. Living in the microwave (need it now) and Burger King (have it your way) society, we don't often stop to pray before we leap.

But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord, I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Micah 7:7

I'll give you words and wisdom that will reduce all accusers to stammers and stutters. Luke 21:15

Do we know the voice of God when we hear it? Do we consult Him or our friends, first. Who's voice do we long to hear?

In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there. Mark 1:35

Before starting His day, Jesus sought to spend time with His Father. As we read on, we find that Jesus left this prayer time focused on the mission rather than on the "to-do list" for the day. Obviously, Jesus knew the voice of His Father. During our prayer time, do we listen, do we anticipate expectantly to hear from Him? God speaks to us; do you hear Him? or have you worked Him right out of your schedule?

And as for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

What did today's lesson say to you? I can hardly wait to share with you during study group time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David praying before he acted was one of the main ideas that I got from this lesson. If I would only pray before I acted or spoke, I would probably be a different person. I am the person that jumps right in and later thinks why on earth I did what I did. It seemed right at the time. The patience to seek Him is something I really need to work on.

One of the things Priscilla said that really got my attention was how would you act or talk if you knew God's face was near you. I know that God is with us all the time but I had not imagined his head being next to mine all the time. I was imagining him inside me, not listening to every word that comes out of my mouth or him seeing every action. It makes me want to be more careful and not just blurt out what is on my mind. I want so much to please my Lord and I am going to try and focus on him and what I do and say.

Also, I am going to study harder so that I recognize His voice when he speaks to me. I get in such a hurry. I need to slow down.

I love this Bible study because it is so personal and makes me take a harder look at myself. God wants us to that. Thank you Nancy for starting this study and getting me excited about learning more about David and the Lord.

Joy