Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Positioned for a Purpose Day Five!


"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." Matt 5:16

Priscilla encourages us to realize that people have been strategically placed in our life so our obedience will cause them to see Christ more fully and personally. God has a specific purpose for my life. With that purpose comes the anointing from God to carry out His purpose. Yet, sometimes my "God-consciousness" needs a tune-up.

What do you do when you need a tune-up? I would love some helpful hints.

2 comments:

Lion Chaser said...

I have to focus on I AM, not the me. Here are a couple of scriptures that help me do that.
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

What do I do when I need a tune up???

James 4:7-8 (NIV)
7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
I follow the principle that James instructs all Christ followers to do. I go deeper with Jesus, meaning that I put my time with HIM as priority. That means for me to get alone with HIM. Sitting in His presence and just hanging out with HIM. Reading His word and asking the Holy Spirit to speak into my life through His word. He becomes my total focus. That is when He "tunes me up" to do other things that shares His love (my purpose), like being a husband to my wife, a Dad to my kids, a servant leader to my community, and a warrior for His kingdom.
I believe you can not pour into others what you do not have with in you.
In order to love others as Christ is loving me, I must experience that love daily by following Jesus on this wild journey called life.

What do you do to stay tuned up, Lutiemom?

Lutiemom said...

I also take time away to "submit to God" to "come near to God" and to seek God. I love going away for time with other Christians, retreats, conferences, or simply a day off to gather my thoughts, spend time in the word, pray, but most of all to listen. It is really good to Psalms 46:10 it..."Be still and KNOW that I am God."


Thanks for asking! :)