Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sustained by God Day 3

Then David knew for sure that GOD had confirmed him as King over Isreal, because of the rising reputation that GOD was giving his kingdom for the benefit of his people Israel. I Chron 14: 2



David 1) knew for sure (The Message)

2) realized (NAS)(NLT)

3) percieved (KJV)

4) knew (NKJ)

that God established him as King....and remember the video from Thursday discussed the meaning of established as the same word used when describing how God placed the stars, the sun, and the planets in the solar system.


David totally trusted God to take care of the details; he knew God didn't need help to fulfill his promise. I can't help but think of Abram and Sari. Sari just knew she was too old to have a baby; yet she wanted the promise of God. She wanted it so much that she felt is might be necessary to help this promise come to life. In the long run, her intrusion on God's work caused her own misery. I can honestly say that it's easier for me to relate to Sari than it is to walk in the steps of David.


Did you love the quote in our lesson from George Muller? The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith. The beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety." Knowing God and His awesome strength, wisdom, and love, ....why would I think HE needs my help?

I encourage you to search "Total Praise by Richard Smallwood" on Youtube.. I tried to embedd the video, but it wouldn't work for me. This song, as Priscilla mentions, it a beautiful praise song; you are sure to be inspired by it.

What touched you in today's lesson. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like the quote from George Miller. In the lesson you had to rank things on a scale from 1 to 5 on how much anxiety you have when it comes to finances, relationships, work, etc. I ranked everything really low, I'm not stressed about anything right how and feel very blessed. However, when things in life pile up it becomes much harder to resist feelings of anxiety.

PS don't laugh at my name "Mrs. Stehle" I created this account for a class a long time ago!

Lion Chaser said...

This lesson reminded me of something God spoke to me a few years into my serving as a pastor. He said, "your problem is that you do not know what is your business and what is none of your business." When I try to control what is God's business I always get stressed out. So how do I know what is my business?
This is what I have learned...my business is to listen to God, and obey only what He asks me to do. It is also to trust Him to take care of everything else. Any time I try to step into God's shoes I get crushed, because only God can fill those shoes. That is His business. Another great lesson and reminder to seek God and simply obey. Is that not the life style that Jesus modeled for all of us to live??