Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting This Far Day 2 of Week 3

"Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?" 2 Sam 7:18
Today's lesson was awesome. We see David,...with all his heart, ...wants to bless God. Yet God has something else in mind, He wants to bless David through what we call the "Davidic Covenant". After reading Luke 2:4-11, I was so excited and enlightened. The first thing I did was to write "See 2 Sam 7:18-20 in the margin of my Bible. I don't want to forget what I've learned thus far.
"Thus far"...what a phrase...it will never be taken so lightly again. Who brought me "thus far"? Knowing WHOSE I AM was just the beginning, wasn't it? Have we allowed God to bring us to this point? Are we allowing Him to form us into a person that only God, our creator, could have mastered? Are we fervently praying for God to work a "so far" work throughout our family?
Our study lead us to write out several verses to meditate and pray for our families, as well as ourselves. The text left room for your own additional verses. I wrote in Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen Eph 3: 20-21
What did today's lesson say to you? What did scripture did you add for you and your family in our prayer? I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this lesson. When I first saw the part where a scripture was designated for us to use to write a prayer, I thought to myself I can't do that. I read the first scripture and was overwhelmed at the thought of putting those beatiful words into my own words and make meaning out of it...silly I know. Shortly, God showed me how simple it was. There is no need for perfection when praying to our Lord, He understands and finds meaning from whatever I write. Once I got over the fear of this task, I found that I wrote 4 beautiful prayers.