Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, February 1, 2010

Angry and Afraid


This lesson brought back some memories I don't like to bring up. The pain is still fresh in my heart and mind as I read through some of the questions in our homework. Scared, yet excited we had no idea what was about to happen. My hip replacement was just the beginning of a long journey of pain. The day after I got home, Evie was ill. Unable to take care of her because of my surgery, I had to leave most of her care up to Dad. He took her to the Dr. and later to the hospital. He rode with her in the ambulance to another hospital; he held her in bed as she cried. He prayed by her bedside and begged me not to come because he worried about my hip. He gave her all he had...and later suffered from a severe case of shingles. The Dr's said it was the worst case they had ever seen.

Through the help of a friend, I came through the anger and disappointment with "My God". I realized He knew my pain; after all He watched his Son die. He knew my pain...He heard my prayers, He knew what was best for us all...

This is still really hard for me to talk about. How about you? Did this lesson bring back a time in your life where you might have been angry or fearful of God?

No comments: