Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Safe Place Day 4


"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." (Ps 62:8, NIV).
Personally, I have found this week's study uncomfortable. I don't really like looking into the areas of my life ...the pits of my life...and how I responded. Yet, I know it's something God must want us to see. Before falling into the pit, we need to realize that we can "Trust in Him at all times".
When things got rough, and people began to desert Christ, He asked the disciples if they wanted to go away, too. Peter's response was beautiful. "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life." John 6:66-69
The question was asked ...if you found that you were distancing yourself from Him at a time of despair or devastation, what would it matter? What would it jeopardize? My response was simply "everything". It would put distance (made from my own choice) between God and me, that distance would NOT be what I wanted. God, my creator, my guide, my protector, my everything...why would I want to put distance there? I need Him!
I am curious, what was your response to the question? Would you please share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I get older, I cannot imagine a day without God in my life. My life was so empty and miserable. When you leave God out, guess who comes in? Not something I ever want in my life again. I questioned God too much when I turned my back on Him. Who do I think I am to question my Creator and Savior? Maybe we all need to get to the place where we know that even the bad things that happen to us are for a purpose and we need to realize that God is in control and we do not know what is best for us. I have to remind myself of this often. Joy