Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 4 Day 3

David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the Lord with all his might. 2 Sam 6:14 NIV

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to really praise God? To really do something for Him that might make you look different? After one of our studies, a few of us stayed late and talked about this very thing. Dean Knapp mentioned that we need to risk looking "foolish to the world". That first step must be the hardest...Michael O'Brien sings a song, "Give Me Some Room". This song explains how he felt when he first opened up and praised God without fear of wondering who might say something in the quiet Baptist Church he grew up in. During his big moment of praise he accidentally slugged his wife who was standing next to him. lol Thus he wrote the song...

There are other ways one might fear looking foolish. For me, it was starting a Bible Study. My heart desired to grow more, I began going to conferences instead of beginning a Bible Study. I told friends that it was on my mind and I thought God was leading me that way; yet the first step was hard. I am so glad God made that first step possible. I've grown so much with our group.

What do you want to do but worry others may think it looks crazy? Sing in the choir, lead praise and worship, start a church library, work with the youth...?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to enter a note in the blog. This is my third try.

Dearest Ones, All I ever look for are ways to praise my Jesus. The more I look, The more I find. As I envision Jesus He helps me see His plan for Us, and the cares of life I forget.

Israel is a nation whose foundation is built upon God's plan in God's ways. When the world thinks of Israel the world thinks of God Jesus.

The United States always has been a nation similar to Israel, whose foundation was built upon God's plan and the Bible. It has always been said that the United States was a Christian nation.

Parallel United States to Israel; Israel worshiped God on the seventh day. United States worships God on the six-day.
According to Bible prophecy the abomination of desolation will occur within Israel's Temple at her final stage.

Paralleling Israel, the United States will experience the abomination of desolation at our final stage.

From the inception of the United States in the creation of all it stands for, it has always been completely with Christian standards. Known as a Christian nation whose trust is in God. If from the election of Obama it will become desolate. Than it might be said that right now we are under the Obama nation becoming a desolation.

If Israel represents the children of God, then it could be said that the United States represents the church. So of the seven churches which church are we. The last church mentioned in Revelation?

When I ask myself this question I'm quick to say, "I want to be the Bride Of Jesus." I will keep my lamp trimmed and fuel filled. Lord Fill Me Now.