Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, February 22, 2010

Persevere Through Discipline


This study has really been sooo good. I've learned so much, haven't you? Today we begin closure on the subject of discipline and fear of God. David gave us such a vivid picture of what it is to be disciplined and how to take discipline.
Our reading of Hebrews 12 really opened up some things for me, also. First of all, God disciplines those that He loves and those that are His. (vs 6 and 8). He disciplines us so that we may share in His holiness. Leviticus 19:2 tells us "Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.
We aren't to regard discipline lightly nor are we to "faint"...I believe we are to preserver instead; knowing the depths of love for His children is what takes us to that point. If I love my own children, I want what is best for them.
The Hebrew word used for discipline is Yacar and means to chasten, instruct, and discipline. Don't we do this much for our own children that we love? How much more our Heavenly Father wants us to be...He wants us to be Holy for He is Holy. He has plans for us to prosper and to give us hope and a future (Jer 29:11).
Another point I saw was Hebrews doesn't say to find a straight path and walk on it but it says to "make straight paths for your feet". That requires some work or action on my part, I am to "MAKE straight paths". Hmmmm, more to think on today.
What are your thoughts as you went through today's lesson. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: