Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 4 Day 2 Desperate to Fill The Void



Genesis 29:30 So Jacob went in to Rachel also, and indeed he loved Rachel more than Leah, and he served with Laban for another seven years. Now the LORD saw that Leah was unloved, and He opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. Leah conceived and bore a son and named him Reuben, for she said, "Because the LORD has seen my affliction; surely now my husband will love me."

Desperate for Jacob's love...Leah continued in her quest to please Jacob, desperate to win his love.

Gen 30: 20 Then Leah said, "God has endowed me with a good gift; now my husband will dwell with me, because I have borne him six sons." So she named him Zebulun.

Desperate to offer something to win Jacob's love...I feel her pain. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you desperately wanted to win someone's approval, love, or friendship? This hole, vacuum, or ache deep inside...can be filled in our relationship with God. Opps! Do I really think that someone else can meet my needs better than the God who created me? Better than the Savior that gave His life for me?



No comments: