Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 2 Day 2 Choose Your Own God



Genesis 16:2 "..The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her."

I have read this passage several times...yet today with a new lens. Sarah knew good and well the Lord promised her a child. Sarah also knew that up until this time, God "kept" her from having children. Yet, for some reason, she felt it was OK to go ahead and try to have children in spite of God's plans. She was going to get the child HER own way.

Wanting something so much you willfully scheme to undermine God's will for you...YIKES! and Sarah used an Egyptian girl to do this. The same children that put the Israelites under bondage...the same people God saved the Israelites from...There are so many red flags here. How could Sarah do this?

Who are you trying to build your life through? Sarah tried to do this herself since she felt God wasn't going to give her what she wanted. She even used someone that she came to despise. The plan...well it didn't turn out the way she thought it would. Her dream now comes with a price.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I think once upon a time I tried to find my identity through my career, therefore tried to build my life through that identity.