Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 3 Day 1 God Provides My Needs


2 Chronicles 16:9"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...

This week's lesson was a real eye opener.

Genesis 3:4-5 The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate." (the bold/italics are mine)

To be honest, have fallen for some of the same lies. For example, visiting the home of friends I may find their home design a "delight to the eyes" and "desirable". Upon arriving home, I am put out with my own home, or the mess at home, or the fact we don't have this or that. The same can happen when going to church. I may see someone that I admire and want to be more like; yet I pick up on the outward things. For example, desiring the same stuff...same Bible translation, type of clothing, style of shoes, etc.

I am not saying that desires are bad. For example, food is good and Eve pointed out that the tree was good for food. It was also a delight to the eyes and desirable. Yet, a good thing can go too far. God told them (Adam and Eve) not to eat of this tree but they could eat of all the other trees. Yet, she found herself desiring the one thing she wasn't suppose to have.

When deciding to do what she wanted to do instead, she walked away from God's plan and developed her own plan. Ouch! Much like Sarah did when she decided to giver Hagar to her husband so she could have a child. Let's stick with the plan! To know the plan is to know God. Sounds good to me!!! After all, He provides all my needs!








2 comments:

Don Yarger said...

Nancy, I want to thank you for this study. I have at least got some of this weeks lessons done and have really enjoyed it. Thanks for helping me find my way. Love ya, Don

Don said...

I just noticed that this was posted at 3:02 in the morning. What kind of deal is that?