Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 1 Day 5 Where Is My Heart?



Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.



Isn't God's Word amazing!? This scripture reminds me how important the central part of my being actually is. My heart guides my thoughts, my actions, my dreams,...it guides my everything. False idols that I've placed in my life are entangled with my heart and I've allowed that...not only let it happen but helped it to happen. These idols will not be easy to let go of...it's going to take supernatural intervention. I need my Savior to help me let it go.



Letting go of the false gods in our life is only the beginning of what we are to study throughout the next 8 weeks. This means, it's going to take some work...remember that Satan wants to keep that stronghold in our life. He will lie, cheat, steal...whatever it takes to stay there and to keep God from being glorified.



Meanwhile, once those things have been properly placed in our lives (we can't be totally rid of what God created for good but we've made into a god...like food, a job, etc.) we need to need to realize this Spring Cleaning has a reason, a purpose so-to-speak. We are making room for Him to be God in our life! Isn't that what it's all about!



I'm excited about it; aren't you!









1 comment:

Joyce said...

Matthew 6:21, "What we treasure is where our heart is". I resemble this in too many ways. As I work with a Not For Profit group that represents the mentally ill, I can focus so much time and energy on them that before long that's where all my time and energy go. Over the past several months I have pulled back more and more and began filling that time up with the women's ministry at my church. It's not that there is anything wrong with the NFT but it can become by God if I let it. But I also must remember however I am serving him, I am serving him first, not the women's ministry or anyone else.