Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 2 Day 2 Our Conscience and the Holy Spirit


The Spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD. Proverbs 20:27
In today's lesson we were asked so share a time that we followed our conscience rather than the Holy Spirit when making a big decision. For me...there is no way to record an answer. It came to me that most of my life I would pray about something and rather than wait for an answer I would follow my conscience. How foolish...how rude...
Has someone ever come to you asking for advice? Yet, before you can even answer that person, you know they have already made a decision. I think that has been me when I've talked to God. I ask with my own intentions rather than ask the Almighty, All-knowing, All-seeing God with an attitude of wanting to hear what He has to say.
Then there are other times where I want to hear Him...yet I don't. Rather than patiently wait...(guess I'm not good at that...hope I don't have to practice this now that I've mentioned it) I just start off in a direction that I hope He wants me to go. Along the way, I hope He stops me if it isn't where He wants me to go. I really like how Priscilla put it
.."God desires for you to know His will. He's not hiding it from you."
If He hasn't spoke to me yet, He may not be ready for me to move or to know...but He is going to answer.
By the way, I loved the "Five M's of Correctly Hearing God".
What did today's lesson say to you?


No comments: