Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 2 Day 1 The Miracle of the Holy Spirit


* "The primary method God uses to speak has changed, but His goal has not!" I believe God wants us to hear what He has to say. Why wouldn't our Heavenly Father want to lead, guide, and direct us? He gave us the "miracle of the Holy Spirit" as a helper (John 16:7).
I like how Priscilla points out the we "must leave room for God to be God". Letting Him speak to us in the manner that HE chooses rather than what we expect is key.
The Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice...we have seen today that God speaks with man. Deuteronomy 5:24
At two in the morning, I called a friend of mine, shortly after the death of our daughter. To be honest, I was very angry at God. Why didn't He save her? Why did He let this happen? My anger felt like a dam ready to burst. I was ready to let it all out with a friend that I was certain would hear me. At two in the morning, she answered the phone,saying, "I've been waiting on you to call."


At that point, I felt the dam break; all I could do was weep. I couldn't say a word as she began to speak and say, "You know this wasn't His plan...death was never part of His original plan." As that point began to speak to my innermost being, I knew that death wasn't what God wanted...yet, sin entered the world (not part of His plan) and everything changed.

She also pointed out that God knew how I felt; He witnessed His Son die, too. He knew my pain and He wept with me. How did she know what to say...how did she know what I needed to hear? This dear friend is no Bible Scholar...she doesn't regularly attend church...she doesn't usually share her feelings of faith openly...yet, I know that God used her to speak to me. I know that God spoke to me that morning in ways I can't really explain. He comforted me...He loved me...He spoke to me.

I'd love to hear of a time God spoke to you? Won't you share it with us?

No comments: