Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Waiting Patiently; Day 2






The vision is yet for the appointed time...Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3


Today, I realized how important it is to wait...really...wait upon Him for His timing, His answer. "The process of waiting for a message from God is just as important as the message itself." ~ Priscilla Shirer Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14 When reflecting on these passages and applying them to my own life I think about my granddaughter. Often, she will walk towards something she knows she might not be allowed to touch. Yet, she walks in the direction she wants to go while looking back to see if she will be told "no". I wonder how many times I've actually done that same thing. I walk in the direction that I hope God wants me to go rather than waiting for His direction. Doing something (right or wrong) is sometimes easier than waiting. Waiting can feel like I'm doing nothing but in all actuality, it's sometimes the best thing I can do. Wait upon the Lord; how often have I read it and sang it but rarely do it.


Abraham and Sarah were given a promise from God for a son. God promised it...what more could they want. God, in all his holiness promised them a son. Yet, when it didn't happen Sarah wanted to help God and give Abraham her maid to bear them a son.


The vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal, and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it' For it will certainly come, it will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3




This has been another revelation to me...I look back and see times in my life when I actually waited because I felt God telling me to wait. Yet, ultimately, I have yet to wait for His answer when I didn't hear it right away. I need to realize He will answer me (sometimes I've wondered if he heard me because I didn't feel He answered me right away).




Tell me your thoughts; I love reading what is on your mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today's lesson is one I don't want to hear but have to learn--patience. When I pray for something, I want God to answer that prayer yesterday. I am trying to learn patience. I keep hearing and seeing scripture that says, "be still, and know that I am God". I am trying to do that in my daily walk with Him.

Lutiemom said...

You know...I keep hearing that same verse, too. I must be a little ADHD...I feel like a chicken running around with me head cut off...can't seem to sit still while I'm waiting to hear from God. I think that those must be moments of peace...security...faith...knowing that He wants what is best for me and He IS at work to provide what I need.