Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Expect...Anticipate to hear from God!


I am so excited to begin this new study. Dean pointed out, "Really, this should be the first study a new Christian takes...kind of like Christianity 101." Most of us have missed out on this important element of our relationship with God.

During this first week of study, I have really enjoyed "Day 1". Clear communication with God begins when we approach God and His word with anticipation, expecting Him to speak. I learned much from the study in Habakkuk. When listing the attributes of God from Habakkuk 1:12-13, I looked up the words of God found here in vs 12, "Lord, God, Holy One."

A. Lord is Hebrew for Yehovah. This is the proper name of the one true God. It was considered so Holy that many Hebrews felt unworthy to even say it!

B. God is translated from the Hebrew word Elohiym. Most interestingly, this word is plural. Plural in Hebrew is different from plural in English. It means 3 or more!!!! This is a view of the trinity! It means rulers,judges, and divine ones.

C. Holy One is from the Hebrew word Qudowsh pronounced Ka~doshe. It means sacred, holy and set apart.

When praying, Habakkuk was praying to the most holy God, who is rulers, judges, and divine (the trinity), as well as sacred, holy, and unlike anyone else. No wonder he prayed expecting to hear from God. In Deutronomy 30:9 it says, "...for the Lord will again delight in being good to you as He was to your ancestors." As a parent, don't you delight in being good to your children? Don't you think our Heavenly Father will delight in giving to you? Speaking to you? Guiding you in the right direction? Habbakkuk 2:1 "...and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me."

What did today's lesson say to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this Bible Study is just for me because I want so badly to hear God's voice. I want to know that what I do is for Him and in his will instead of my selfish, self-centered will. I want that assurance that I am always in accordance with God's plan for me. The lesson today let me know that I can hear his voice if I anticipate hearing it.

Lutiemom said...

Isn't that wonderful knowledge!...to know that we can hear His voice if we anticipate hearing Him!