Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

LISTEN!!! Day 4

As you enter the house of God, keep your ears open and your mouth shut!...He is in heaven, and your are only here on earth. So let your words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:1-2 NLT

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

1 Corinthians 2:10-12 (New International Version)
10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.


I really needed to hear this today! So often when I take needs to God, I often move the direction I want to go and hope He will stop me if that isn't what He wants me to do. According to Henry Blackaby, this is what others do too. I don't know that that makes me feel any better, lol.

Henry Blackaby also pointed out (in his book Seven Truths From Experiencing God) that sometimes God will answer us in a bigger way than we asked. For example, in Mark Chapter 2 we find the story of four men who brought their friend to Jesus for healing. They dropped him through the ceiling because the crowd was so intense, they couldn't get through any other way. Yet, instead of simply healing the man, Jesus forgave his sins. Instead of a temporary fix, Jesus gave him an eternal gift! Henry Blackaby says, this taught him to pray, "O God, if I ever ask You for one thing and You have more to give me than I am asking, please cancel my request!" :)

What did this lesson say to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again we see "Be still and know that I am God". God is really trying to tell me something. Are you guilty of you mind wandering when you are trying to listen for God's voice? I think that is my big problem. How do we overcome that? I don't know.

Lutiemom said...

I had that same problem...mind wondering when I was praying. Recently, I felt convicted to begin each morning on my knees. This way of prayer at home seemed odd at first thought but once I did it, I found it easier to focus on what I was doing.

Sometimes when I am trying to hear God, I listen to praise music, too. An IPOD can be a wonderful thing.

Anyone else have some ideas? That is a good question.