Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Monday, March 22, 2010

Plan to be Obiedent Day 3

If you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine. Exodus 19:5

Do we remember that all the earth is His? That includes our home, our car, our paycheck...it's all His. That also includes me...I freely give myself to Him too; yet often I take things back. When I ask God for His guidance on things, (things that are really His) do I ask with plans to stick to whatever He says? Sometimes, I might be guilty of asking with my own intentions in mind and don't listen to what He has to stay. I only ask to have my own plan or idea put into place. Who do I think I am?

Part of today's lesson asks you to rank how you usually respond to God's word even when it might be the opposite of what you want to hear. This is part of our lesson you may be tempted to ignore...but don't! Ponder it and answer it...even though you don't want to write it down because you are afraid others might see it. The point is that you need to see it...you need to look at it with all honesty.

Recently, I encountered a situation where I felt God telling me to do something that was not comfortable for me to do. Yet, God brought to my remembrance a conversation with Dean Knapp. Dean said that we need to be willing to look foolish when it comes to obedience to God. Are you willing to look foolish to be obedient?

If only you had paid attention to My commands. Then your peace would have been like a river and your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Isaiah 18:18

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obedience is another lesson that is hard to learn. God want's the best for us. Why would he ask us to do something that wasn't in our own best interest? I still remember Beth Moore's response to God's voice telling her to comb the hair of the old gentleman in a wheelchair in the airport. Just like her, I would have tried to talk God out of it. She obeyed and got a rich blessing from doing what God asked her to do. Shouldn't we be willing to obey without question?

Lutiemom said...

I think we are afraid of looking foolish! Dean Knapp put it out there very well...Can we dare to look foolish for God? It really takes a leap of faith and a walk of love, doesn't it?

I don't know if I would have been as obiedent as Beth Moore was. I would like to think I'd be just as obiedent...but would I? Something to ponder on today.