Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 6 Day 5; The Lineage of Christ

Who knew...studying the lineage of Christ would be so uplifting and represent the love, grace, and "hessed" of our Lord and Savior? Reading Ruth 4:18-22 and Matthew 1:1-16...normally I would skim through these sections. They simply didn't mean much, yet I know God put them in his word for a reason. As with all scripture, (Romans 15:4) For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

This study has really been a study of hope, hasn't it? I love how Kelly Minter wrote about it, a study "about a Moabites who loved the God of Israel, who packed up her belongings to the care of a woman who wasn't blood and who didn't want her, who risked her life in the fields, who risked her life on the threshing floor, who drew the eyes of a noble man, married him, bore a son, and then placed the baby on the breast of the mother in-law she so desperately loved. Ruth." (p. 160)

Yet, the entire lineage of Christ is compiled of many stories of love, trust, and obedience. From the blood line of Abraham through Tamar, through Ruth, David and Bathsheba, and on to gives us a Savior. This blood line isn't perfect or majestic, but it's beautiful in the eyes of God.

What was the most memorable moment of this study for you?




2 comments:

Joyce said...

I am so saddened that this study is over. I think this study has confirmed that I am where God wants me and I am excited about my future serving Him.

Lutiemom said...

I really feel the same way, Joyce. I am excited about the future...just as Ruth must have felt when Naomi told her to put on her best clothes...it's going to be a grand new day!