Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nothing Like A Good Book


Yesterday morning, I had no idea how our day was going to roll out. We had lots to do; things we needed to do and things we wanted to do. It simply wasn't going to be possible to do it all, so I decided to adjust and move with the flow. We needed to prioritize, JD needed school supplies and school starts next week. Today would be the only day we had to do this together (although....separate might be the preferred choice, lol.)
We also had to realize that Tom needed a semi-stress free day. He has MS and needs to take his shot tonight (we adjust to this schedule, it's much easier on him this way.) He needs to stay in an air conditioned environment for the biggest part of the day...this helps narrow things down, too.
House work also needs to be caught up and we had a fish fry/blue grass music event at church. Hmmmmmm....well this is how we worked it all out...
We took JD to get his school supplies, (even found him some Nike's for $35 at Shoe Carnival), went to the Tool Store for Dad, and headed over to the Family Reunion in time for lunch. Wahooo, this was something I really hoped would work out.
We had a blast, eating, visiting, playing Frisbee in the gym, taking pictures (that part was fun when we acted up for the pictures). My sister, Joyce, joined us for our Ruth Bible Study and we've decided to do Kelly Minter's study, "No Other Gods" next. My cousin, Patty, joined us, too. It was fun discussing some of the aaahhhaaa moments during that great study. It really imparted a change in our lives we didn't expect and we are looking forward to starting our new study in September.
Meanwhile, Joyce walked in with some new books she picked up at the book store. Among her stack was some Yada Yada books. I've read book one and two, I have book five and seven but haven't found the other books so I set this set aside. After the excitement and feel of Joyce's stack of fresh new books, I decided ....why not just pick up with what I already have! Soooo here we go! While on break between studies, I'm enjoying Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught. I hope to blog about some of the lessons God brings me though while enjoying this story.
What are you reading now? I'd love to hear suggestions and lessons learned from some of your favorite books!







No comments: