Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pondering Part 2

In 1st Kings 20, a prophet came to the King of Israel and said, "Go strengthen yourself". The king was getting ready for battle against the King of Aram; vs 29 tells us the war was victorious for Israel. Yet, this king of Aram pleaded for his life and the king of Israel let him go and made a covenant with him! In vs 42, the Lord says He was a man devoted to destruction and the King of Israel let him go!

There is a big difference here in the way these two men, David and the latter King of Israel, "strengthened" themself. David drew his strength from God, yet I wonder if the latter King of Israel drew his strength from God of if it was of himself. It was as if he didn't hear or obey God.

When drawing strength from God, I believe one draws wisdom and fellowship with God at the same time. The latter King of Israel seemed oblivious to what the mission at hand was to be, he didn't hear the voice of God, nor did he seem to understand God's plan.

Daily, I need to draw strength from my God, not of myself. If I miss this important precipt, I am not walking the path He has made for me.

No comments: