Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thoughts For the New Year

With the New Year quickly approaching (and time off work to reflect...while getting the holiday baking started, the gifts wrapped, the events, ohhhh who am I kidding hahaha) I am once again thinking about my new scripture verse for this year. Each year, I prayerfully choose a theme verse for the year to memorize, apply, and share with others. Generally, I spend a month on thinking and praying about this. Yet, this year the time issue has overcome my desire and I found myself with very little time and my desire was pulled in lots of directions.

Then an awesome answer came flying in when I was visiting Beth Moore's Blog. Instead of memorizing a verse for the year I will be memorizing two verses a month. That means my treasure of verses will be a whopping 24 verses this year! The goal is bigger, yet really just as simple!

If you would like to jump on this bandwagon, you will first want to invest in a spiral journal. You can purchase one at your local discount store or order the cute one pictured below. The cost for this one is $5 with shipping and handling at


http://www.lproof.org/store/product.asp?itemid=2011SMTspiral




To be honest, I am really excited about this new adventure! Connie Smiley, my dear friend, has memorized more scripture than any one I know. This will be a small comparison, yet a good step in the right direction. Wahooo!!! I can hardly wait for the first month of verses. For more information, read Beth's blog at

http://blog.lproof.org/2010/12/my-fun-little-siesta-surprise.html

I hope you can join in on the fun. We can do it!






2 comments:

Connie Smiley said...

Nancy-

No matter what else God does for you in 2011, you've already planned for His blessing, and it will come.

Those who love Your teachings will find true peace and nothing will defeat them. Psalm 119:165

Connie : )

Lutiemom said...

Connie,

Thank-you for your consistent and constant words of encouragement. I love the scripture verse you left...I think it may have to be my first verse to memorize for the year 2011.